• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you present artwork to your customer?

Joe Diaz

We have a template too. We get down payments before we do any sketches, but we also water mark our designs and use disclaimers. Then I email bitmaps or print them off if they are in our shop.

2011 sketch templates.jpg

I change the side bar color to match the color of sign, just as a nice added touch. So if it were a red sign the side that has our logo on it would be red. It isn't really important but it also doesn't take long to do.

Prices and quotes along with sizes materials and other info are done on estimate. and stapled to or emailed with the sketch.

and here is our work orders with a nice large area to doodle in:

2011 workorders.jpg

Locals Find!

Just used inthesignbiz's script he shared to setup a virtual proof system for my clients. I combined it with a simple form I built for free using jotform.com. If you wanna check it out click here
Just enter ErikElsea into the box to login and see the actual proof and form. Was really easy to setup took about 15 minutes from scratch.

inthesignbiz

Just used inthesignbiz's script he shared to setup a virtual proof system for my clients. I combined it with a simple form I built for free using jotform.com. If you wanna check it out click here
Just enter ErikElsea into the box to login and see the actual proof and form. Was really easy to setup took about 15 minutes from scratch.

Look at you go!
Glad it worked out.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

I do something similar. I have one with a watermark, one with a mini quote sheet on it and of course a simple one that just has terms, conditions and any notes to the sign (such as materials and the such.) it's designed around an 8.5x11 sheet so it's easy to print for a customer as a hard copy if I am going to visit them about it or if they need to print for someone that doesn't like to share a monitor to look at it.

Rickey J

Artwork Proofs

I do something similar. I have one with a watermark, one with a mini quote sheet on it and of course a simple one that just has terms, conditions and any notes to the sign (such as materials and the such.) it's designed around an 8.5x11 sheet so it's easy to print for a customer as a hard copy if I am going to visit them about it or if they need to print for someone that doesn't like to share a monitor to look at it.

Is this something you made up or software.

Locals Find!

addy ill give you a dollar if you do this for mywebsite :)

How about you keep the dollar and send me a pm with your email and I will give you a copy of the .html file and you can edit it to your liking and then simply upload it on your host.

I did it using an old copy of MS Frontpage. If you have dreamweaver or some other similar software it wouldn't be hard to recreate.

signmeup

How about you keep the dollar and send me a pm with your email and I will give you a copy of the .html file and you can edit it to your liking and then simply upload it on your host.

I did it using an old copy of MS Frontpage. If you have dreamweaver or some other similar software it wouldn't be hard to recreate.
If I right click and choose "save page as" will that work? (Firefox)

Locals Find!

If I right click and choose "save page as" will that work? (Firefox)

Go to view Page source and when that window pops up just copy my html into notepad. Do that for both pages. Then copy it into whatever software your using. It really wasn't hard. I mean running those printers of yours is way more complicated than this was.

signmeup

In Firefox you can right click, choose "save page as" and then download the entire webpage as an html file.

laserman70

wish i knew more about web development.
We use DW and our site isnt very good.
I would love to have this on ours.
If i paste it in, it will submit to thesignbiz lol
can you forward all the approvals lol
Just joking.

signmeup

I never knew you could do that. I just tried it myself. Thats a heck of a lot easier than viewing page source. Thanks for sharing.
Glad I could help. Kinda makes right click protecting images seem a bit silly doesn't it?

BTW.. that started way back when Firefox was still Netscape. If you download Seamonkey (also a version of Netscape)you can still make webpages with it's Composer feature.

inthesignbiz

wish i knew more about web development.
We use DW and our site isnt very good.
I would love to have this on ours.
If i paste it in, it will submit to thesignbiz lol
can you forward all the approvals lol
Just joking.

I would be wondering where did that come from?

You will need to get some sort of form mail script.
The one is use I got from http://www.tectite.com/

Just replace mine with yours.

Should be good to go.

Quillbilly

After the client sees my portfolio and decide they want my work, I get an artwork deposit. They get this applied to the sign if they order from me. I use the 3 tiered system (Mike Jackson?), one basic idea, one standard and one top of the line. 75% of the time you'll at least get the standard and if you do a good job of building value, most of the rest should be top of the line. No sketches leave with the client without a 50% deposit. You will never get burned if they've got that much invested. I've never e-mailed a sketch, face to face.

Proteus

Create a PDF preset that has a password, downsamples everything to 150dpi and make it a 8.5x11 page.

Attachments

• NWSS-Proof-Footer.jpg
    NWSS-Proof-Footer.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 60

Mike F

coloradosigns, Joe Diaz, and Proteus... I really dig the way you guys present your artwork, nicely done. I need to come up with something like this for the shop I work at, would you guys mind if I took some inspiration from your presentation pieces?