Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you store it?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Kemble, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Kemble

Kemble Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Colorado
    Looking for a simple noob answer...

Banner material, Lay flat or stand up on end?

Will banner material create a flat spot like vinyl does if laid on it's side?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    i don't keep a stock on banners, but have a 24in roll that i can cut down...and it stays rolled and upright...otherwise the material tends to flatten and become oval shaped....which causes issues when it comes time to apply vinyl....

3. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Member

May 6, 2010
    Stand it on end, or put it back in the box using the end supports to float the roll. If it's to be stored flat, the roll needs to be suspended from the ends.

4. Kemble

Kemble Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Colorado
    ok good enough for me =)

Just wondered if there were any ill effect of storing it flat. I'll store it upright then.

Thanks

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I stand em upright on one end support that comes with it in the corner of my shop with the bag that it orig came in over it to block dust etc

6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    +1

7. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    My banner material comes in a box with core supports. I just cut one top flap off and use it as a dispenser box.