Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you test a dx4 printhead?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by CropMarks, Oct 25, 2010.

1. CropMarks

CropMarks Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Does anyone know how to test a dx4 printhead to see if it is blown/shorted out?

Tags:
  2. DCaptDan

DCaptDan New Member

Jun 26, 2009
    If you can't get the head to fire at all after several medium cleanings, it's probably dead. You can swap cables from the suspect head to a good head and try it but if the head blew the fuse on the mainboard, it will blow the fuse for the head you swapped it with. Make sure the machine is unplugged when playing with the ribbon cables or you will blow the board for sure. Hope this helps.

3. CropMarks

CropMarks Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    thanks for the good advise! i have always made sure to have the machine unplugged from the wall when I've messed with the heads. I've got things narrowed down on my machine to maybe the head board is goofy. I'm sending that out to macmedia in NY that repairs them so they can test it.

Thanks again!
    Mike.