• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do your customers spell "coroplast"?

GoodPeopleFlags

We have one regular customer that has spelled it "chloroplast" for years.

Another one today asked for "cor plastie"

Hee! Anyone got any other good ones?

TheSnowman

Spell it? They can't even pronounce it let alone know what it is. I got caroboard, poster board, ribbed stuff, plasticky, and "ya know that stuff".

CanuckSigns

Customer: Just use that corrugated plastic stuff, what's it called?
Me: Coroplast
Customer: right, now I feel dumb lol!

Letterbox Mike

"that stuff for inside hampster cages"

god, I don't know where that started but we get those calls all the time. We have a bin of scraps that we just give these hamster freaks, that's our way of recycling. I want to charge them but they're all so freaking weird I don't want them hanging around my shop any longer than necessary...

CS-SignSupply-TT

hamster cage liner

god, I don't know where that started but we get those calls all the time. We have a bin of scraps that we just give these hamster freaks, that's our way of recycling. I want to charge them but they're all so freaking weird I don't want them hanging around my shop any longer than necessary...

Insignia, you aren't talkin' about those folks hangin' out on Brown Street and in Dayton View with tats and piercings God only knows where...

signswi

There's a highly ranked website for making your own hamster/guinea pig cages out of coro. Hence all the calls. We sell them whole sheets, thanks for the markup, next!

Jillbeans

I prefer the British term "correx"
But I have customers call it all kinds of stuff. Corplast that plastic cardboard stuff corroboard plasticore.
And yes I get the hamster freaks too.
I get so sick of people calling asking if I do vinyl signs, I say yes I do vinyl lettering but they say "no I want the vinyl signs" then I don't know whether they want a banner or a corosign or what.
Love....Jill

qmr55

Just had someone stop in 5 minutes ago..."Can I get some of those plastic things like out front? And how much?"

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
If someone wanted to dig through my email archives, you could find dozens of different spellings...

If I had known years ago someone would have started a thread about this, I would have been collecting all the variants just for this occasion... :)