• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does "outdated software" affect your products

jscovazzo

I have been in this business for YEARS and the signs that are comparable to the types i make have not changed so much to reflect a benefit from "updated" software, ie. parking signs, realestate signs your basic low graphic sign.

All i want to do is install my OLD program onto my "upgraded" computer.
I am trying for the life of me to get an installation cd for "lxi master " version 6. according to sign wharehouse my only option is to pay $700!!!! and upgrade to 8.5. I run a smaller sign business, 6.0 works great for me,
does anyone have suggestions!!

gabagoo

Get that old computer back up and running for that program only. I too suffer from upgrade dilemma. I run signlab 5, but have two worksations with it, so to upgrade one means to upgrade both. I also have Omega and Flexi. Each does for me what I need. The most important aspect of an upgrade I can think of is having the capability of dealing with newer versions of ai and eps files and my Flexi does that. I can't see updating my signlab as I use it to set up pretty much everything then send them out from there to either Omega or Flexi and do what I need in those programs to complete the file. I am getting to old to want to keep learning new software, and on top of that there is a certain amount of anxiety that goes with getting newer computers and newer software and thats getting everything to work properly which I have no patience for lol
signed old goat!

jbennett

Running my old Inspire without a hitch on XP (though I did have to upgrade the dongle drivers). I dread trying it on Vista someday.

jbennett

jscovazzo

New computer

I am looking to run the software on a laptop with a docking station at my office, connecting to scanners plotters printers etc.

it does run vista......

160 gig hard drive
2 gigs ram