Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does "outdated software" affect your products

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by jscovazzo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jscovazzo

jscovazzo New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I have been in this business for YEARS and the signs that are comparable to the types i make have not changed so much to reflect a benefit from "updated" software, ie. parking signs, realestate signs your basic low graphic sign.

All i want to do is install my OLD program onto my "upgraded" computer.
    I am trying for the life of me to get an installation cd for "lxi master " version 6. according to sign wharehouse my only option is to pay $700!!!! and upgrade to 8.5. I run a smaller sign business, 6.0 works great for me,
    does anyone have suggestions!!

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Get that old computer back up and running for that program only. I too suffer from upgrade dilemma. I run signlab 5, but have two worksations with it, so to upgrade one means to upgrade both. I also have Omega and Flexi. Each does for me what I need. The most important aspect of an upgrade I can think of is having the capability of dealing with newer versions of ai and eps files and my Flexi does that. I can't see updating my signlab as I use it to set up pretty much everything then send them out from there to either Omega or Flexi and do what I need in those programs to complete the file. I am getting to old to want to keep learning new software, and on top of that there is a certain amount of anxiety that goes with getting newer computers and newer software and thats getting everything to work properly which I have no patience for lol
    signed old goat!

3. jbennett

jbennett Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Tennessee
    Running my old Inspire without a hitch on XP (though I did have to upgrade the dongle drivers). I dread trying it on Vista someday.

jbennett

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

SERVICE PK 1 or 2 XP????

5. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    What's under the hood of the upgraded computer?

6. jscovazzo

jscovazzo New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New computer

I am looking to run the software on a laptop with a docking station at my office, connecting to scanners plotters printers etc.

it does run vista......

160 gig hard drive
    2 gigs ram