• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does the Govt plan on dealing with a 2 trillion dollar additional debt?

player

Canada is doing a huge bailout.... we dont have as many people as USA, so I'd say we can offer our citizens better.

Right now the government will pay 75% of all wages if you dont fire your employees as an incentive to keep them on and not lay them off. I like this because the business bares some of the brunt, but the incentive to keep them is pretty good.

If you are laid off, it's something like $2000 per person per month the government will give you, as well as other stuff.

The government is backing all small business loans up to $40,000 - interest free for 1 year... and if you pay it back within the year...they will knock 25% off of your loan as free money.

Our government has said right now they will take care of the citizens and make sure everything is ok for us and worry about the Economy later.

Is that smart? I dont know. Hopefully things work out... I know a lot of people who will be abusing the system... and maybe it'll destroy our Economy more than we can recover... but it's good to know in a situation where millions are losing their jobs, theres options that wont bankrupt business's or cause us to lose our houses.
As long as we spend our money in Canadian owned stores and businesses the recirculation should help out many times over the original investment. If we buy our groceries and goods from stores like Walmart where the money is sucked out of Canada and deposited in the states then it won't do us much good. No Frills, Canadian Tire and Home Hardware are just a few examples of Canadian owned companies.