• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How dow i import an image to cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic vinyl

I purchased vinyl lettering equipment end of last year I am having trouble taking an image and and cutting it I have flexible 7 and a master xp380 cutter I and looking int lxi software but not sure if the cutter is compatible any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
LXI and FlexiSign are pretty much the same thing with LXI being a private label version of FlexiSign. What matters is which version you get from Starter to Pro. The features and capabilities are pretty lacking at the low end and pretty powerful at the high end ... as is the difference in price.

As to the cutting of an image, do you understand the difference between a vector and a raster image? You can cut a vector but not a raster image.

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

LXI and FlexiSign are pretty much the same thing with LXI being a provate label version of FlexiSign. What matters is which version you get from Starter to Pro. The features and capabilities are pretty lacking at the low end and pretty powerful at the high end ... as is the difference in price.

As to the cutting of an image, do you understand the difference between a vector and a raster image? You can cut a vector but not a raster image.

:omg: You mean that I can't just push a button?

Mosh

Don't Cri-Cuts come with instructions???? "I downloaded it right off a website and it just won't cut, funk-dat!"

You need to make sure it is a vector, if not you need to "trace it" and then send it to the cutter. Remember the cutter is only going to cut the wireframe, so be sure to look at it in the wireframe view before plotting, this way you can node edit to smooth things out. It is alot more than copying an image and hitting cut.

Just a question, did someone charge you "too much" for some lettering so you decided to do it on your own? Seriously, I would like to know.
I would be willing to train you in signmaking, Mosh's Skule of Vinyl is now open.

classic vinyl

Mosh not at all I used to do installation of names on boats and saw an ad on cl for a guy selling the equipment built into a enclosed trailer the price was right so I bought it and made some names but now I got guys asking for decals and stuff

OldPaint

gee, and you expect to learn all you need to know to sell CHEAPER......in 24 hours huh?
this is too funny if not sad as to where this trade has gone.
#1. CAN YOU READ?
#2. what knowledge do you have of computer graphics???
#3. do you know what a VECTOR IS???
#4. do you know what a BITMAP IS?
#5. get a book called COREL FOR DUMMIES!!!!!!

classic vinyl

Hey old paint I don't need to make Dollar from this stuff I am not in business I make more than enough money from my real job just asked a question i thought thats what this forum was about i bought it for the trailer for my bike but it is something to do thanks for your help

Jillbeans

I make more than enough money from my real job
...classic.
Why don't you keep on keeping on with your real job then?
With that attitude I doubt you'll be getting any help from most of us.

OldPaint

I KNEW YOU MADE ENOUGH MONEY....from your other job.......so you want to do STICKERS for free..............hence my sarcasm))))))))))))))))))
also, we here cant be your only source of EDUCATION.......YOU....are in charge of that)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.