• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How durable are your latex prints?

PrintItBig

Hi,

We're just weighing up the pros and cons of getting a L26500 and after hijacking someone else's thread with all my questions I thought I better start my own.

For those who own the L26500 or it's predecessor how tough would you say the prints you produce are compared to those done on an eco solvent? Can you scratch the ink off with your finger nail for instance?

Also, if a latex print isn't fully cured, what's the result? Is the print still wet? Or could it be fully dry but just scratch more easily?

If the print is completely dry does this mean it's cured to the maximum level posible? Or is it possible for a print to be dry but not fully cured? Would using more heat make the ink tougher for instance?

Thanks.

Smiley Graphics

I have had a l26500 since march, and i have only had one instance where the material wasnt cured properly, where the ink could be 'scratched off' and that was because i used the wrong profile. As long as you are using the right profile, you will always get the right curing temp. I have ran plenty of jobs and have yet to have an issue. The one thing I did find is if you laminate directly after printing you get a little bit of a 'wet mark' look, like small tiny bubbles on the black, but as long as you let it cool for about an hour after printing, that usually removes that issue. It has been a fantastic printer. I recently had to change the cyan and magenta heads, but other than that, no maintenance issues at all. No down time and i have printed over 1000 18x24 campaign signs and 300 4x8 campaign signs with no issues at all. Very smart printer.