• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how "eco" is ecosolvent ink?

Pexce

hi Fuzzbuster,thanks for your comments. I knew that Epson has three popular inkjet heads DX3,DX4 and DX5. DX3 use water-based pigment and dye ink. For DX4,DX5, it is Eco-solvnt ink.

Eco solvent ink is popular due to it has advantages which water-based ink(high resolution,less smell) and solvent ink(for outdoor,some outdoor media is printable) have. The solvent print head like Xaar, Konica, Seiko, Spectra,etc. Comparing with the resolution between them, you can find DX4 is much better, firstly the PL(pico liter) is smaller( i know you do not aggree), and the resolution is much higher than solvent print heads.

second, less smell did not mean no smell, not stronger like solvent ink. it is one of environmental friendly inks. You can find some eco printer is smaller than solvent printer. eco printer can print the media used for both indoor and outdoor. i am sorry if i make any misunderstanding. but hope to exchange each others opinion,and improve my knowledge of eco ink and printer.

Pexce

Let the fun begin with this guy:help

Maybe then again.. i wont fall for it this time:doh:

Darn he almost had d d d d d d m m m m m m e(epson head ink with its small dot getting to my variable dot nervous system............):popcorn:

hi Fuzzbuster,thanks for your comments. I knew that Epson has three popular inkjet heads DX3,DX4 and DX5. DX3 use water-based pigment and dye ink. For DX4,DX5, it is Eco-solvnt ink.

Eco solvent ink is popular due to it has advantages which water-based ink(high resolution,less smell) and solvent ink(for outdoor,some outdoor media is printable) have. The solvent print head like Xaar, Konica, Seiko, Spectra,etc. Comparing with the resolution between them, you can find DX4 is much better, firstly the PL(pico liter) is smaller( i know you do not aggree), and the resolution is much higher than solvent print heads.

second, less smell did not mean no smell, not stronger like solvent ink. it is one of environmental friendly inks. You can find some eco printer is smaller than solvent printer. eco printer can print the media used for both indoor and outdoor. i am sorry if i make any misunderstanding. but hope to exchange each others opinion,and improve my knowledge of eco ink and printer.:Coffee:

Pexce

Lead has no smell. So lead is safe?

Eco solvent ink has smell and corrosiveness. i think it is also one of most solvent inks, but it is better to the environment and health than general solvent ink(like ink for xaar, seiko,konica,etc). In our country, compared with general solvent ink, we like to call eco ink is environmetal friendly ink. We have a client from Europe said, in few years, the solvent ink will be not allowed for outdoor in EU. Is any freinds here know this?

take care of health when stay in workshop too long.

Last edited:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Eco solvent ink has smell and corrosiveness. i think it is also one of most solvent inks, but it is better to the environment and health than general solvent ink(like ink for xaar, seiko,konica,etc). In our country, compared with general solvent ink, we like to call eco ink is environmetal friendly ink. We have a client from Europe said, in few years, the solvent ink will be not allowed for outdoor in EU. Is any freinds here know this?

take care of health when stay in workshop too long.

WOW....

i love the USA....

Replicator

I have a VP-540 and if I didn't have a window right behind it that was open, Id get fumed out within 20 minutes !