• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How fully Flood a Door around push-pull bar and door closer

ADuke

Hello,

I am doing a window graphics installation and I have two aluminum storefront doors to fully flood the glass with white vinyl. I have never fully flooded the glass (done cut graphics) before so I am looking for some tips on how to accomplish this install. Would you normally remove the push-pull bar and door closer before installing? or slice the graphics where the push-pull bar is and try to work around/behind it and cut around the closer? Any training videos available for this type of installation? I have been in the sign industry for a while but I am fairly new to installing, any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Show a picture of the problem. I think you're making this harder on yourself then need be.

bannertime

Pics of the door would help, but I think I understand.

If you're using standard cut vinyl, then use soapy water or a water/alcohol mix. Just finished doing the same thing. Takes maybe 5 minutes.

Really not too difficult. Line everything up, lay the top dry or slightly wet, then pull the paper down as you go. Keep the glass and exposed material wet as you squeegee it down. When you get to the bar just feed the remaining material behind it and continue on.

ChicagoGraphics

If your using regular solid vinyl, don't need to mask it, just wet it and apply, squeegee the solution out and your done. Goto You Tube if you need to see how it's done.