• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How hard is it to take my money?

TCBinaflash

I'm in the market for a new printer. I've contacted 3 major suppliers. Cash in hand and no call backs over several days.

Is business that good out there?

rjssigns

Customer service is terrible IMO.

Unrelated yet relevant example. Neighbors Dad wanted a fireplace installed in his living room. He liked the look of ours and asked about the installer. I said:"You're lookin' at him". If you have any questions just ask.

He called three places, cash in hand, all of them said; "Yeah sure we'll be right out".

Guess who went over there and did it for him?

TheSnowman

What I've seemed to notice around our small town is that there used to be lots of businesses out there, some were hacks, some knew there stuff. Seems like lately...most of the hacks didn't survive the "economic stuff" and all that's left are the good guys. Since they're good, they are in high demand, and they can choose what jobs they want.

I've tried to get a quote on a bathroom remodel twice in the last two months. Both guys said they'd come in a week or so, that was a couple months ago. It is what it is. I'm almost the same way at times. I'm so busy, that unless you are an existing customer, you are gonna get pushed way back. If I can judge the customer is hard to deal with via email, phone, or in person, I won't even give them a time table, I'll just tell them I don't have time and send them elsewhere.

The good guys that do return calls, are all miserable working 80 hours a week, and hate their lives. That's just around here what I've noticed from talking to small businesses...I guess I'd think that going to a corporate world (like most printer company's) would be getting back with you.

Who have you checked with?

jtinker

Owner
Same thing, we got a call back about 4 months after we had already gotten our roland re-640. We went to microgeo-usa and had Neil come down and install it within a week.

graphicwarning

I am looking for a bunch of new equipment, and in the last few months, I don't know how many times I have said "I have never had such a hard time spending money". Customer service, in my opinion, is a lost art in most places. I was looking for a printer/cutter/laminator ... +/- $50k... and 3 dealers never returned my calls or emails. I guess business must be good enough they don't need my money? :banghead:

TCBinaflash

Why don't we pool the money we were going to spend in equipment and and sell it ourselves?

im good for 30k.

this is ridiculous.

k.a.s.

Not sure who you called, but where your located you need to buy a Mumaki from Pioneer. JV-33's are great and their tech is awesome, and he is close enough to help you when something goes wrong.

Kevin

CES020

Tried to buy a laminator months ago. Called in, talked to the sales rep, he said "I'll get you some numbers by this afternoon". Never heard another word from him. I guess he wonders why we don't buy more stuff from him. I say that after having just laminated prints on the laminator we didn't buy from him, ready to cut on our plotter we didn't buy from him, all printed on the printer we didn't buy from him.

Sad reality is we WOULD have bought every single one of those things from him if he just called or even appeared to care.

Robert M

What about service

If it's pulling teeth to get them to take your money, good luck getting a call back if you need service.

Kaiser

Tell them you want to buy 10. Ill give them 2 minutes to patch you to their commercial dept.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Think about this....
A salesman gets a call about a printer. Spends time listening to what you need, uses his experience to make recommendations, sends you sample prints, educates you about what the product can do and what markets it can open for you, tells you all about the network of repair techs out there and gets you all amped up and excited and now you know the exact machine you want to buy.....

Then you go online and find the cheapest source you can for it and screw the salesman who did all the work.

Not saying that's your situation but I've talked to two different salesmen in the last six months who said that was their biggest problem and really burned them out on sales.

rjssigns

Here we go boys and girls. My rant for the day.

You can make all the excuses you want for sales reps, but customer service has gone downhill in many businesses.

Absolutely no excuse whatsoever not to get back to a client in 24 hours or less. Land line, smart-phone(that's a joke), email, FB, IM's etc...

CRM has become so bad customers are making excuses FOR them. A stellar experience has become noteworthy instead of the norm. WTH!

I could care less if you're busy. Too bad, hire someone to answer phones. You're engaged in a service business. Can't provide service, get out.

When we get busy first order of the day is returning calls or emails telling the client our situation and give them a timeline. It's called C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of making excuses try taking R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y!!!!!!!

I've never lost sight of the fact that there are many other shops in my area that provide quality work.

Many times the ONLY factor that differentiates us from the competition is our level of customer service.

We've "picked the pockets" of many that were "too busy"(arrogant) to bother with simple communication.

TCBinaflash

***Update***

So I found the printer I wanted. Came to terms on $ amount. Wired the funds. Was told 2 days to crate and ship. Still no printer. Has not even been crated yet.

15 days later.

Refund requested, going to start my search anew.

TCBinaflash

Which printer, which dealer?

I'm not sure I'd go as far as getting a refund and starting over, unless you've got nothing but time to spend on this hunt - just give them a hard time and ask for some media to make up for it or something.

Normally that is what I'd do. But when I ask direct questions, I get no solid answers. All along I've been understanding, but 2 weeks of semi-ignoring me and giving no answers is past my point of tolerance.

I even said, "hey, understand you have problems here with his specific machine, it happens. If I spend a little more can we look at an upgrade on something I can get a solid answer on when it would deliver"

Response "Sure, you can by X for $X and I can get it shipped right away."

Me: "Great, lets do this, but email me a formal estimate proposal on this unit. Once I get it I'll wire the cash"

Response: ....Crickets.... No nothing. 3 days of no contact whatsoever.

T