• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how in the world - 1204 problem

signguy54

Not an artist
my 1204 started printing "bad" on a small job. after a few head cleanings and such i checked the ink reservoir and saw a substance that looked like silicone ontop of the reservoir. i put my hand into the slot where the reservoir drawer slide into to see where it was coming from - and there was a lot of it there. i looked in and the substance is melting plastic from the machines cover (which i then removed) and confirmed. the capping station looks good. the reservoir is pretty full but i didn't get an empty it meassage. any thoughts or comments?

thanks

Allied Digital

1204 problem

I had something similar happen.
Can't remember where it was coming from, but it actually melted the top portion of where you insert the tray - making it difficult to get the tray in and out.
I had to remove the end piece all together, use a heat gun to soften the plastic and mold back to where I could get the tray in and out again.

Is the machine new? Under warranty?

signguy54

Not an artist
tku signlady

I had something similar happen.
Can't remember where it was coming from, but it actually melted the top portion of where you insert the tray - making it difficult to get the tray in and out.
I had to remove the end piece all together, use a heat gun to soften the plastic and mold back to where I could get the tray in and out again.

Is the machine new? Under warranty?

i don't know if it's under warranty - had about 8 months - will find out tomorrow

did your temporary fix for tray - thank you

signguy54

Not an artist
okay - the problem now is cyan does not come out at all!

any thoughts?

i've done numerous cleanings - changed ink cartridge - the cyan i took out was hardly used - i just put it in thursday or friday.

does not seem to be any ink in the tube from cyan to the head - but i'm not sure.