• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How is this made

ZipSeb

I have a client wanting to match his neighboring sign and I dont know how this one is made... I did look at SignComp and cant figure out how they made it. Obviously not talking about the dimensional letters but the frame and the face.
Photo 2024-09-30, 4 01 54 PM.jpg

petepaz

I THINK THERE ARE BRACKETS MOUNTED TO THE WOOD SLATS THAT THE SIGN IS BOLTED TO, SEE BOLT ON BOTTOM SHOULD BE SIMILAR BOLTS ON TOP. ROMOVE THOSE AND SIGN SHOULD COME OFF THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE GUTS FROM THE BACK

Humble PM

Mostly tolerates architects
I THINK THERE ARE BRACKETS MOUNTED TO THE WOOD SLATS THAT THE SIGN IS BOLTED TO, SEE BOLT ON BOTTOM SHOULD BE SIMILAR BOLTS ON TOP. ROMOVE THOSE AND SIGN SHOULD COME OFF THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE GUTS FROM THE BACK
Hopefully not just fixed to to the wooden slats!

JBurton

Signtologist
Hopefully, powder coated.
We just revisted a bunch of signs we installed in 2015, all powder coated, and all of them look like chalky trash.

This looks like a piece of .125" aluminum, glued to a 2x2x.125 aluminum angle frame, with gemini letters, with 1.5" aluminum angle clips, probably mounted to that vertical metal piece running behind the wood. Why they'd opt for a pan head screw over a counter sunk screw is beyond me. Also, the installer deserves to have his impact license revoked for the horrors he wrought upon that bottom screw...

CanuckSigns

We just revisted a bunch of signs we installed in 2015, all powder coated, and all of them look like chalky trash.

This looks like a piece of .125" aluminum, glued to a 2x2x.125 aluminum angle frame, with gemini letters, with 1.5" aluminum angle clips, probably mounted to that vertical metal piece running behind the wood. Why they'd opt for a pan head screw over a counter sunk screw is beyond me. Also, the installer deserves to have his impact license revoked for the horrors he wrought upon that bottom screw...
Lol, it took me a few minutes to figure out what you are talking about with the screw, you Americans and your inferior Phillips screws, Robertson square heads all day long!

visual800

very well made sign i agree with others... .125 aluminum epoxy weld to frame and painted with mathews poly, letters could be gemini but they look to be routed pvc to me

DOCX

Looks like square aluminum tube frame (1.5" x 1.5"?) with a .125" aluminum face. Screws shown on bottom (and top?) to attach to angle brackets on the building.

GraphixGirl79

I have a client wanting to match his neighboring sign and I dont know how this one is made... I did look at SignComp and cant figure out how they made it. Obviously not talking about the dimensional letters but the frame and the face. View attachment 174089
That looks like .080 aluminum facing welded to an extrusion, such as EX-7 then painted. The letters are most likely a Gemini 1/4" aluminum letter painted with a pin mount method, bolted on from behind. We have made a few signs like this over the years. I assume it's non illuminated? We could certainly build this for you, but we are in Canada. a little bit far i would assume for farming out, assuming your in the states somewhere?

www.cardinalsignsltd.com

guillermo

more likely, yes, a bracket on top that you sit the sign, like and L bracket and at the bottom another one like a reverse L to be screwed it, just like the screw at the bottom. also, I can say that is powder coated including the screws.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Perhaps you have a lousy powder coater ??

JBurton

Signtologist
Robertson square heads all day long!
Yes, square is king, but aside from the trailer industry here, nobody will touch them here in the states.
Looks like square aluminum tube frame (1.5" x 1.5"?) with a .125" aluminum face. Screws shown on bottom (and top?) to attach to angle brackets on the building.
You may be right, but depending on the scale of sign, tube would be twice the cost of angle and require extra long hardware and twice as much drilling to install. For whatever reason, one of my salesmen always specs tube frames, and I'm forever having him revise drawings and specs from tube to angle.
Perhaps you have a lousy powder coater ??
Beats me, I know my matthews paints are bullet proof, and much less hassle having a painter in house.
Except orange. F*ck me everything orange has the most rapid fade of any color, as far as both paint and vinyl go.