• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long can a 1204 sit without printing and not have head dry up?

Mr. T

Our 1204 Valuejet Had a breakdown and has been sitting for about a month without printing. I have been putting a thin cloth with cleaning solution on it and then returning the head and lowering the head on rag. I change the cloth and solution everyday. The head is only a year old so I was going to sell machine for parts but don't know if it's worth trying to sell the head?

artbot

if it won't turn on to run the pumps, at least pull some ink through it at the base of the capping station with a syringe. this will introduce new ink into the head. if you have some clear refillable carts, you can mix up a batch of solution, pull it through the machine at the dampers with a syringe, then pull it the rest of the way through the machine at the base of the capping station (going to the pump). that would decommsion the printer until getting fixed.