• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long can you soak a print head????

LBaisch

So my roland versacamm sp300v is down, need fuses. I currently have the heads parked in the capping station sitting in cleaning solution (no Power). how long can they stay like this before I risk damaging a brand new print head? Fuses should be in in 3 to 4 days! Thank you!

kffernandez

personally, i don't think you need to soak it. just draw some ink every 3 days or so to keep the inks flowing.
the solution might be doing more harm than good.

kelly

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Even when the fuse is blown the machine can still run it's cleaning cycle so you can actually just leave it like you normally do. Letting them sit in solution shouldn't hurt the heads but you do run the risk of starting a siphon and losing a lot of ink and making a big mess. Just make sure to close off the cap top tubes.

LBaisch

Even when the fuse is blown the machine can still run it's cleaning cycle so you can actually just leave it like you normally do. Letting them sit in solution shouldn't hurt the heads but you do run the risk of starting a siphon and losing a lot of ink and making a big mess. Just make sure to close off the cap top tubes.
HUM... perhaps there is something else going on then... I'm not getting any suction when I try to draw in through the captop. Captop is new and had suction before I blew the fuse. Fuses are replaced now, and testing good, but I still don't have any resistance when trying to draw ink through the captop. I know the manifold on my black/cyan printhead is cracked, New one is on the way, could this cause no suction at the yellow/magenta print head?? It had suction before, however that was before the manifold on the black/cyan cracked... this happened while trying to clear the clogged black/cyan head.

Is there a way to test the printhead to make sure I didn't damage my brand new yellow/magenta head?

LBaisch

OK, seems like I had a bad (Brand New) Damper on the yellow... have magenta now, but no yellow I'm really ready to scream...