• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how long do you guarantee your wraps????

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anything on a vehicle gets my 5/50 guarantee. 5 minutes or 50mph, whichever occurs first.

I'm happy to tell anyone how long something should last but neither I nor anyone else on the planet can tell them how long it will last.

HulkSmash

Anything on a vehicle gets my 5/50 guarantee. 5 minutes or 50mph, whichever occurs first.

I'm happy to tell anyone how long something should last but neither I nor anyone else on the planet can tell them how long it will last.

Sounds like quality service.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I do quality work, on budget, and on time. I give you a sign, you give me money, end of transaction.

Service is what you get from a waiter.

You also get service from a prostitute which is what most sign people are expected to be :p

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
show me a year old, hell 6 month old PERFECT wrap, and Ill hire you, and buy your company.

these are not cryptonite folks. they wear like clothes.

this is not to say that you shouldnt do your install correctly and to whatever manufacturers tech bulletin that you subscribe to.

but news flash. wraps dont look perfect until 5 years and 1 minute then fall off the vehicle.

and trust me, my sh*t leaves here obsessively perfect.

+1

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

I'm trying to imagine a customer who is paying thousands of dollars for a product, leaving your shop with NO comforting notion that you stand behind your installation for any period of time. . . .

Are you the only wrap shop within 100 miles?

btropical.com

We give a tail light guarantee once there out of sight its over . We also give a 2 19 guarantee 19 is the state road in front of our shop once you customer gets to it done . Normal common sense should apply with any work you do as far as quality and workmanship.

HulkSmash

I'm trying to imagine a customer who is paying thousands of dollars for a product, leaving your shop with NO comforting notion that you stand behind your installation for any period of time. . . .

He doesn't do wraps is my guess.

RobbyMac

All well and good on a spankin brand new cargo van straight off the lot...
A whole 'nother matter when you look at some of the box trucks and vans that have been in service for some time... They usually want a wrap because it's cheaper than new paint... so theres that too.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Does how much someone might pay decrease the possibility of various violences that are completely out of my control being inflicted on my product?

If the truth be known I'd rather be beaten with chains than have much of anything to do with a wrap. But then, if your powers of comprehension are even at the level of a banana slug, you'll recall that I said that this principle applies to anything I put on a vehicle.

Stuckup

If a customer wants a wrap rushed, they get Zero Warranty. Wrong or cheap material Zero warranty. I only Install other peoples Material, and if they supply top quality and follow correct procedures I give 3 years warranty.

If a customer wants a wrap rushed, they get Zero Warranty. Wrong or cheap material Zero warranty. I only Install other peoples Material, and if they supply top quality and follow correct procedures I give 3 years warranty.

On your work? or On there material? or both? At the most so should have a 50/50 policy. Nobody does a perfect wrap!!!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Does how much someone might pay decrease the possibility of various violences that are completely out of my control being inflicted on my product?

If the truth be known I'd rather be beaten with chains than have much of anything to do with a wrap. But then, if your powers of comprehension are even at the level of a banana slug, you'll recall that I said that this principle applies to anything I put on a vehicle.

My powers of comprehension....? WOW.
I didn't say "violences inflicted out of your control"
I said stand behind your installation. There is a clear difference between a failure caused by faulty installation and scratches made by debris on a road or standard wear. The thousands of dollars paid for the product is about how much they are willing to lose due to poor workmanship and therefor more apt to care if it has some sort of warranty to protect their investment from such shoddy work. We ALL agree there are shoddy installations in this industry so stop acting like a customer is off their rocker for expecting some sort of Piece of mind.

Adolescent Hostilities aside, your chain beating vs wrap comment was a good one, I sometimes feel the same way.

Stuckup

You warranty supplied material? That's crazy.

It Isnt rocket science, you can tell what material is supplied, and if it is a Solvent print if it is de gassed or not, and if it is a non suited Material/laminate, it gets tested at the manufacturers laboratories before warranty is fulfilled.

And yes I am crazy.

Last edited:

Stuckup

My top 10 vehicle wrap failure causes, not in order.

1/ Poor cleaning/ wrong cleaning product.
2/ Paint protection on vehicle.
3/ Post heating FORGOTTEN.
4/ Not enough pressure with squeegee.
5/ Vehicle released same day and into cold weather or rain or large temperature drops.
6/ Solvent Inks not de gassed.
7/ Customer in installers ear while job is being done, a step is forgotten.
8/ The installer does not care.
9/ Temperature of vehicle is too low, on install.
10/ Cheap un proven material. Wrong material,
11/ Installing while under the Influence :toasting:

What do you give a 3 year warranty ON? your installation? the Material? or both? Provided none of the 11 factors come into play! Serious question!