• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long do you leave printed material on printer(post heat area)?

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

Weird question and hopefully in the right area.

We run a few JV33 and CJV33 printers that print pretty well day and night. Our temps we are running are 36 / 40/ 50 Celsius.

What I'm trying to better understand is that a print that has finished and if no one was onsite for say 6 hours, is it ok siting on the post heat area? I no that there is a likelihood (depending on material) that it will buckle, but is there any fire risk or other damage risk?

Im guessing I'm probably over thinking it, but if anyone leaves printers on with finished prints for 5-8 hours after can you let me know?

Thanks,

Andrew

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Our machines (Epson/Roland) will turn off the heaters once a the last job has finished and the machine has sat idle for 15 minutes.
Check if the Mimaki has a power save setting which can also do this.

Last edited:

OPENSignsInc.

I wouldnt recommend leaving it on idle every night, but if it's once in a while it should be fine. Our JV33 lasted about 7 years (we ran average 3-6 hours/day) and then put it in sleep mode at the end of the day (never completely shut them off or unplug as they have automatic cleaning cycles). Sometimes if the power went out from a storm it would be on in the morning, but other than having to soak the head sometimes (more towards the end of its life) and wasting electricity with the heaters on, it was fine. I dont remember the JV33s having many power save functions, but our CJV-150 & JV-150 are set up to go to sleep after a 1/2 hour of not running (it sometimes takes longer than that to rip a big/complex design before it shuts off :banghead:)