• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long do you wait for machine service?

How long to get machine service?

• 1-2 days

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 3-4 days

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5-7 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

toomeycustoms

Just curious how long it takes to get your machine serviced once you phone/email in the problem? To schedule a service call for our Roland through our local distributor, it seems to take anywhere from 5-10 days before they can get out unless they have a cancellation. It seems high to me as Xerox, Canon, and other misc copiers we've had only seem to take 1-2 business days. I do understand that the copiers are under a service contract where you are paying per impression, but still think that 5-10 days is high for a machine to be down. If there is that much work, I would expect another tech would be needed.

Asuma01

For our large format printers it can take anywhere from 3 - 7 days. For our office copier/printer? Same day usually. Or next day.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Depends on the company you're dealing with for your special needs. If they have one or two people doing it, it might take a while. If they are understaffed, it could easily take a ling time. I have 3 different places from which I can choose. My first place can usually do it the next day or maybe the second, if not, I try another, then another. Take the shortest wait and go from there.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We generally quote 1-2 days on our service calls. If I have to schedule two or more service calls in one day, the customer who buys ink and supplies from us gets the first time slot. Even if it is between a customer who has bought 1 ink cartridge in a year and the other hasn't, customers get first time slot. If you have a local dealer who services machines, I would suggest building a good relationship with them if you want fast service. Also, there are way more copier techs out there than large format printer techs which is why I think the time discrepancy is so big.

Ditchmiester

Our HP Latex printers are under contract through HP and we get next day service guaranteed. Includes next day shipping on parts to our shop. So far we have been under contract since December and have had to use it 4 times between our two printers. Worth every penny so far.

toomeycustoms

Unfortunately, we only have 1 Roland dealer in the area and since it is warranty work, we are at their mercy. We have bought a couple Rolands from them and buy all our App tape, ink and some vinyl, so i'd say we are a decent customer.

How does the HP service contract work? Is it a flat yearly fee or do you pay per sq ft printed? Is ink included like the service contracts on the wide format laser Kips and Oces Colorwave/Plotwaves where they charge you per sq ft?

Ditchmiester

our HP's are a yearly fee that let us pay monthly just goes on the company Amex to build points. It has been a god send a couple of times so far. They don't care how many square feet we print or our ink usage.

twmiller24

Almost always 1-2 days on our Epsons, a bit longer on the Gerber UV, and we haven't had any serious service issues on the L360.

DRamm76

Are we talking warranty or non warranty
Are we talking about dealers you buy from? Or dealers you only contact for service.

Most dealers work from a service queue. If you buy your ink from that dealer and have a warranty, you're going to get priority service.
I have had people who dont buy from or have any intention of doing so come to me and expect top level service over people that do buy from me.

So there are lot of factors to consider with this topic.