• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long does your RIP take?

waximoff

I'm waiting as I type on a time sensitive job. Its a 50" x 26" run at a size of 14.6 megs. I finished the art, selected the cut contours and hit the rip/print button.
Well its been about 30 minutes now and it hasnt even started the rip process. Its in the "setting file up" stage. Flexi has done this before on larger files (up to 20 min). Then it just starts ripping after the long wait. 30 min seems too long to me. Anyone else have long rip waits like this?

Just opened up "windows task manager" and Production manager is running strong... However it says Flexi is "not responding" hmmmmmm.. any ideas??

waximoff

well it didn't work. I just put all my cuts on a different layer and rasterized all the artwork. The file was still big, actually bigger at 23 megs. But it ripped right away. Just doesn't make sense that I had to take that route. Now my lines have little jagged edges and my colors (especially pure yellow and magenta) were switched to RGB process colors..

SIGGGHHHHH, just another file that I feel Flexi has let me down on...

ChiknNutz

We routinely had RIP jobs in the hundreds of MBs or even GBs. Most jobs, like say for a 4'x8' print, would take about 5 minutes. That was using Wasatch SoftRIP and a decent PC (WinXP 32-bit Quad-Core). Sometimes you'd get jobs that might take 30 minutes, but not many.

FatCat

Ditto on what GSX said. Wasatch rips files very quickly for me on my older dual core P4 with 4GB of ram. Maybe you need to upgrade your CPU?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When you get one that looks like it is hung up open up th RIP log from the production manager.
The last entry should be the one that caused the hang.
Some times you can get an idea of what the problem is from the error message if it gets logged in there.
If you get something shoot an email over to SAi support with the error code and see what they say about it.
File that small should rip pretty fast even on a not so fast system.
Flexi must be running into something within the file it can't process.

wayne k
guam usa.

seesaw signs

Every now and then a file does that here. Often it has got to do with the file name, and after I simplify/shorten/change it the file rips ok... Also try saving the file to your local computer (not a networked server) and add it from Production Manager, not from Flexi rip&print.
My biggest problem with Flexi is when I close windows it crashes the program, so I end up with half a million windows open over a days work, followed by the inevitable lecture from the wife on how messy my workspace is and how can I ever possibly manage to work with this many windows open and illustrator is so much easier to use blah blah.
Flexi has crashed while I type... the dreaded spinning wheel on the mac...

S

scarface

I'm running intel core 2 duo with 3 gigs on windows xp and versaworks took about 2 minutes to RIP a 2x8' job the other day that was around 200mb