• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how long to wait after painting plywood

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For the most part…. no glue or silicon is an outdoor product for laminating two completely different substrates together. You’re bound to get warping, bowing and possible delaminating….. eventually. If you don’t want to properly screw sheet aluminum fast, then use Dibond or some composite aluminum substrate to guard against future problems.

Since you think the old wood is alright….. and you still insist upon using the old plywood, make sure ALL the edges are in perfect shape. No holes, voids, cracks or rot should be there if you want to use it again. Should all eight sides pass this test, then sand the faces completely down to bare wood and the edges, refill the edges with outdoor putty sand them and then prime the whole deal again. Two top coats should suffice, wait two days and apply your vinyl and re-install the faces, but I would think two new RTG would be easier and more cost effective for you.

appligraphics

are you trying to make chicken $hit into chicken salad??? I heard that last week, It works well in my line of work. dry time of paint or cure time of paint makes a difference. warrenty issues, I say cover over it .
Cindy