• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How many passes can I use

Annette Asberg

Hi
We have an Hp Latex 365 and we have got an order of about 1000 signs and I need to know how low I can go with the passes? Now I am doing 6 passes and its looking very good. Can I go lower?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thank you so much Christian
I dropped it to 4 and the color was off.

No problem, it always comes down to the end use vs accuracy vs client expectation... For us 6 pass was the most universal, 8 pass hit almost every color our clients needed, and 10 pass had the density ability for extremely rich colors.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
If they're of any decent size then screen printing, even outsourced, will save you money. Especially if they're only 1 or 2 colors.
If you're determined to do it digitally, moving off that 365 will save you a ton too. Solvent, UV, old or new, most any production printer is going to save you literally 4x the cost or more in time and fixed expense.