• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How many passes for overprint?

allinonegraphics

I have a Mimaki CJV150-160 running with rasterlink 6. I'm trying to print a solid red on a backlit vinyl with 720x720 resolution, 4 passes and overprint x2 but damn what a waste of ink. Would it be ok to print in 2 passes?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can't print 720x720 with 2 pass. The best you can do with 2 pass is 360x360. The best way to control the ink density is to adjust the ink limits in the profile. That is not a standard user function in Rasterlink so you would have to have some other software to do that.

The point of overprint/double strike is to lay down more ink so it looks good on backlit. If you lower the ink limits or change the resolution to 360x360, it will make it look more washed out.

allinonegraphics

You can't print 720x720 with 2 pass. The best you can do with 2 pass is 360x360. The best way to control the ink density is to adjust the ink limits in the profile. That is not a standard user function in Rasterlink so you would have to have some other software to do that.

The point of overprint/double strike is to lay down more ink so it looks good on backlit. If you lower the ink limits or change the resolution to 360x360, it will make it look more washed out.

Thanks. I'll make a test with 720x720 with 4 pass and change the ink density to see how it goes.