• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many time for bubbles to go away?

wochi

Hi there,

after attending some wrap courses from oracal and avery i won a job for partial wrapping some vans.
After making 5 of them i really like the results but i can´t avoid getting some bubbles. Well, when i was at oracal (orafol in europe) they told bubbles were normal and would go away after some time.
My question is. How many time? And all of them will go? I don´t have wrikles or something like that, so the bubbles are the only thing that separates me from a perfect job. Any tips? I´m using oracal 3951 with 290 laminate

thanks

Checkers

Practice makes perfect. A clean install will be without bubbles.
Generally speaking, the bubbles should disappear in about a week. However, it depends on the material, the size of the bubbles, air temperature and exposure to sunlight. Normally, the warmer and sunnier it is, the faster the bubbles will disappear.

Checkers

wochi

so they will eventually disapear right?
i know pratice makes perfect. I noticed differences between the first and the last i did. But still getting bubbles. Not big (those I pinch) but lots of small ones.
as they are 60 vans I don´t want the customer coming back for redoing them :doh:

Mikeifg

That's a tough one without pics. As stated earlier it could be lots of variables. Just make sure the vehicles are prepped right.

Mike

wochi

well here is a photo

different kind of bubbles. The large ones like the one in the line i pinch. But can you seel all the other tiny ones? those will go away?

thanks for the all the help

Attachments

• img5852y.jpg
    img5852y.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
Portugal!

I bet it was hard to see Christian Rolando not do so good yesterday! What I would give to have 1/2 of his football skills!

but on topic
give it a few days out in the sun.

wochi

how did you see Portugal in the photo? :Big Laugh

I don´t like Ronaldo..stupid kid. And even more for scoring that goal in quarter finals against my team F.C.Porto :Cool 2:

on topic:

well. he have sunny days at the moment but the vans are usually in a warehouse, and only get out for deliveries

how did you see Portugal in the photo? :Big Laugh

I don´t like Ronaldo..stupid kid. And even more for scoring that goal in quarter finals against my team F.C.Porto :Cool 2:

on topic:

well. he have sunny days at the moment but the vans are usually in a warehouse, and only get out for deliveries

You have it listed

:rock-n-roll:

wochi

well, after one week i saw one of the vans i made and it was much better, but still some bubbles and some "vinyl stretching" marks.