• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much a sf to install?

K2

I am doing some trailers for the beer company and I am usually around $3 sf for pricing as the are usually pretty generic and flat sides. Very easy installs. But, I am doing a bay door trailer for them that has a lot of cuts and divider bars this time and was wondering what you guys charge for this. Not a difficult install but it is more time consuming. Thought?

Pic just to show what kind of trailer I am talking about, not actual trailer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 236

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Few thoughts for you.....

Add a $200-$300 for the additional time it takes

adjust your per sq pricing

charge install per hour and it is what it is

Jayefkay531

I hate the idea of sqft pricing for exactly this. I'm on the 3M website and people always call saying "we have 25sqft of vinyl and are paying $65, when can you do it?" 25sqft on a flat drywall or 25sqft wrapping a fender are two very different animals. We charge based on how long we think something will take us. Knowing a sqft base helps to estimate, but we never give pricing based on that.

If you want to do a few tiers of sqft pricing (flat panel, simple curves, complex curves, never ending cuts, etc), I'd recommend setting a minimum price to go with it.

As for your question of what we would charge...too many factors such as type of vinyl, how many doors/panels, size of truck, etc.

decalman

People want some kind of price .
I take at shot how much time it takes.... but the meter stays running .

Everything ALWAYS takes More time than it looks.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Wow, how do you get 3 a square for flat with rivets and from anyone let alone a liquor distributor? That's vehicle wrap pricing for a trailer, I'm moving to Arkansas. What city are you in? JK

As Modern Ink said I would add $300 for the additional time to clean the cracks in all those slats and to cut and tuck the vinyl.

When I quote jobs I typically double-check myself by pricing per square (market rate) foot and time as well. If both numbers are close, I know I am in the sweet spot. If they are quite a bit different I'll take a more detailed look to cover my butt.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If it “always” takes more time than it looks/you’ve estimated. Don’t you think you should look at how you’re estimating? Clearly there’s something going wrong there.