• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much area around.....

DavidLSI

your print/cut machine do you have?

I am expecting delivery of a SP-540 this week and need to rearrange the shop.

Thanks for any input..

SeeYa
DavidLSI

Last edited:

brush1

You will need around 8'x12' to be able easy operate (load materials) this printer.

Funny......
I have 2 SP 540V, 55" laminator, 50" panel saw with industrial vacum, 30" plotter, 4'x16' working table, 8' long desk,
9' desk with customer countertop, 27" laminator, 50" keencut trimmer, sawing machine, small Johnson Plastcs saw (flat around 20"x30", with 2nd industrial vacum), self standing drill press, 3 floor vinyl raks, 4 wall vinyl racks, 5'x5'x11' substrate rack...etc in 945sq ft location.
I'm able to do 5'x16' plastic faces.
I'm moving to 3400 sq ft on the end of the month.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to be able to walk around one side or the other and with big heavy media in your arms for loading. Preferably about 6 foot or more in the back and as much as you can spare in the front, unless you're using take-up wheels. Your other concern is where you're going to store all of your media. That stuff is heavy, so you don't want to store it flat or it will not print well after sitting for a few days, weeks or so. Some media isn't used as much as others and might sit around for unpredicted amounts of time.

Have fun and good luck............... !!

anotherdog

Make a drawing of the space to fit everything you think you will need, double it and that should do you for the first year.
I find the space hog is the laminator, especially when board mounting.
Oh and don't forget the dog bed.

threeputt

If I may offer one piece of advice. Don't set your printer parallel to the wall. Or against the wall.

Put it perpendicular to a wall. With the ink supply area sticking out.

It's far more efficient that way. If you need to see a photo of how I've got mine set up, I'll shoot a photo and post it.

Rojo

I have my Mimaki print/cut in a corner. Back and control panel end against walls. 6 feet in front and 6 feet on the other end. Just roll one end out to load the media, push it back to the wall and print. Would be great to have more room but it's not available with all the other necessary equipment.