• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much do you pay your Graphic Designer??

Arlo Kalon 2.0

My graphic designer works for beer and chocolate on Friday nights.
Love....Jill

Ugggghhhhh.... I am green thinking about burping THAT combo onto my tonsils and swilling the aftertaste!!!! Now, if ya wanna be compensated adequately, make it lotsa beer and sardines on Friday night for all that extra graphic inspiration. That burp is heavenly.

striker sounds great closer to home

local job market and wages in your area will obviously effect what you offer any employee. on the west coast i paid MUCH more than this, in the current market i am in this is a very fair wage, i have a very happy employee (a very qualified employee as well) and he is at the top of what he could realistically expect to make in this area...i made certain when figuring out compensation that there was room for growth, however, this person has 14yrs experience (not just in graphic design/ but rather graphic design in our industry and is a college graduate which in my opinion is not always a benefit i have hired many graduates who have had much less talent than those without) so there has been no learning curve and he is just happy for the security....i would be foolish as a employer to start him at the top of what i could offer as he would eventually want more...as they all do, so periodic pay increases and other compensation have been factored in so that when i determined his starting pay he would hopefully be content, paid fairly, but still see that there is reason to stay, do good work, and be a part of my team.

HardbargerSigns

On the same vain as this question, does anyone here have a "job description" for the graphic designer on staff?

This will help determin the wage that this person will require, and, as always, the needs of each company will vary.