• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for a better flatbed?

VTSigns

I have had a Colorspan 98UVX flatbed printer for about 5 years now. It's been a pretty good workhorse for me but it is starting to become more and more unreliable. If I was in the market for a used flatbed printer that would be a step up from what I have then how much would I need to spend? I know this question comes down to what is available in the market at the time. I'm just trying to get a feel for what is going to be a noticeable step up from what I have (Gandi, AGFA, ect.). For instance, is 50k going to get me anything far better than what I have now? I wouldn't be in the market for something new (don't have that kind of money). Main purpose would be printing Coroplast and some PVC. Thanks for the input.

Hzone15

What about the HP Scitex FB910? I owned one in the past, same quality as the 98UVX, however belt driven, more throughput, heavier materials, no more media feeds etc? Should be able to get into one of them around 30-35K