Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much for a better flatbed?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by signspot, Nov 20, 2012.

1. signspot

signspot Hokiesigns

Jul 15, 2010
    Hokie Nation
    I have had a Colorspan 98UVX flatbed printer for about 5 years now. It's been a pretty good workhorse for me but it is starting to become more and more unreliable. If I was in the market for a used flatbed printer that would be a step up from what I have then how much would I need to spend? I know this question comes down to what is available in the market at the time. I'm just trying to get a feel for what is going to be a noticeable step up from what I have (Gandi, AGFA, ect.). For instance, is 50k going to get me anything far better than what I have now? I wouldn't be in the market for something new (don't have that kind of money). Main purpose would be printing Coroplast and some PVC. Thanks for the input.

Tags:
  2. Hzone15

Hzone15 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    What about the HP Scitex FB910? I owned one in the past, same quality as the 98UVX, however belt driven, more throughput, heavier materials, no more media feeds etc? Should be able to get into one of them around 30-35K

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Goto www.globalgarage.net you can take your pick on all there used flatbeds, there's alot of newer Vuteks in your price range.