• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How much for Roland sc540Pro2 Ex Needs head and lines

How much for Spotless sc540 needing heads and lines replaced Fair Price

• less than 500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than 500-1000

• 1000-1250

• 1500-1750

• 1750-2000

• 2000-2250

• 2250-2500

• 2500-2750

• 2750-3000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcbirdman

The machine is a Roland SC540 2 EX. It has the external dryer and likely needs new heads and lines due to it just sitting there unused. Owner thought it worth 5000 due to new machines costing Much more. He came down to 3000 and said some printer technician offered to pay him or said it was worth 3000 or who knows..... might have said a machine in WORKING order was worth 3k so he said he would take that as a new price..... Can any of you let me know what a FAIR price would be regarding this? He has to realize this is an old machine and will not get him anywhere near his purchase price. I think 3000 would be if it was running WITH the print heads working and He May not have heard that from the technician.... Thanks for your thoughts and for taking the pole...

ProPDF

500 max unless you need parts maybe $700. Don't listen to what some seller says. You don't know if the boards are smoked in it too along with the heads. If they haven't had any carts plugged into it for a while lines won't be your problem. Tearing the entire back end of the machine off to get to the needles that are clogged will be. Get you a 6 pack and have fun. If you want a big cutter it would be great, don't fall in love with it as a printer unless you see it printing. They are good machines actually but if it's been sitting plan on putting some cash and work into it.

asd

no more than 1000, not only you will need to buy heads, dampers may be pumps and who knows what else could be wrong with it, replacing the heads if you do it yourself will be around 4200.00 in other words unless he is giving it away to you because he knows you, I will not touch it with a 10 yard stick

mcbirdman

Thank you guys, these multiple opinions I will use to show him. Thank you for trying to blindly figure this out. Multiple replies supporting this conclusion will help us. I want to be fair but I think he misunderstood. Seeing knowledgeable people value it here might affect his emotional stance. I appreciate that you

I also find it hard to believe any refurbisher or reseller would offer him 3000 as it stands. Your posts make me think he may have misheard a comment from them that meant the most they would pay for a WORKING sc540 in good shape was 3000.00.

PerfectPfd, I went and saw it. The cartridges are still plugged in.

Asd I found out he had one sitting at his house through a chance encounter. I have known him as aquaintance for years. I asked him more about it and went and saw it. The reason he basically unplugged it and it sat is because he ran for political office and his new job would be a conflict of interests. He orig said 5k and my intitial calls to techs indicated 500-1000 while I waited for weeks for him to call and see how much it would cost to get it going. Knowing he was SO high, I went and found vp540 needing fixing because he was emotional pricing. Now he calls me up asking 3k because he thinks reseller/tech said 3 to take it but he would sell it to me instead. Probably thinks he really compromised coming down to 3k. He is a nice guy, I just think your comments are more real world accurate. You guys are making it easier for me to walk if he doesn't come down. I do need pinch rollers though....I only have two and I have repaired them......

I will let this thread go a few days and then print it out if anyone wants to add to it. Maybe it will help negotiate. It is a pretty machine but I can't afford to just by a pretty expensive machine that is overpriced. :) You guys don't know how much it means to have some help navigating this kind of dangerously expensive endeavor. THANK YOU for Caring ! I know you are busy !