• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much ink is used?

potluck

I have a mutoh rockhopper 46 and i would like to know how much ink it uses on a full colour print onto normal vinyl so that i can give accurate estimates, can anyone help me out here?
I run most of my prints at 720dpi i'm guessing that would make a difference!?

CheapVehicleWrap

Ink should be the least of your cost concerns. I'm going to guess in the neighborhood of 25-30 us cents per sf.

To answer your other question; there is no such thing as "normal" vinyl.

Last edited:

CheapVehicleWrap

Yes, SF. sorry I corrected that. Different profiles may vary how much ink is layed down but it's going to be a very small difference.

Hey Cheap, don't you make your own ink to save money on all those wraps you do? I thought that was why you don't give any warranty after the first rainfall!

CheapVehicleWrap

Hey Cheap, don't you make your own ink to save money on all those wraps you do? I thought that was why you don't give any warranty after the first rainfall!

Why yes I do. After that bad Mutoh batch (you remember the one that destroyed your printer) I've been mixing a proprietary batch of kitchen ingredients and common household chemicals.