• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much is a jv5-160s worth used?

VinylLabs.com

quick question, I don't even know if it's going to be valid in a few hours...

one of my suppliers blew the head on their mimaki jv5-160s and said "we've had enough of this machine" just a little while ago. they jokingly asked if I'd be interested saying it would cost about 3k to fix. I said "sure, like 1k!" and he replied: "ok, let me email my boss"

what is a broken one worth? what if I say "i'll give you X$ and come pickup within the hour"

VinylLabs.com

nevermind. They want 10k for it. I find that pretty ridiculous considering they bought it for 50$ (it wasn't running and needed repairs).

Rooster

If it still has three good heads they're worth about $4K each from Mimaki.

Still, I haven't heard anything good about the JV5's. Seems they can be pretty ornery for the end user.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If it still has three good heads they're worth about $4K each from Mimaki.

Still, I haven't heard anything good about the JV5's. Seems they can be pretty ornery for the end user.

Ornery at best. They have the benefits of the JV33 (8 channels on one head) but they have 4 heads so you have the headache of the alignment of an older JV3 - mutiplied by several orders of magnitude. On the older 4 head JV3 you have 8 rows of nozzles to look at, on a JV33 also 8 rows, on a JV5 you have 32 rows of nozzles, 32 dampers, etc to contend with.

Running right they are stupidly fast though. I mean crazy fast! :omg: and with awesome print quality.

i saw one that needed heads on ebay. it sat there for almost a year unsold for $5995.00.

Yeah = the heads are pricey. You can find them aftermarket for about $1500 each though. If you paid 4 grand for a DX5 printhead you got seriously ripped off. But even at $1500 each - if the machine needs all 4 thats a big chunk of extra coin and a major chore to realign them. Only one head - not too bad.