• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much is my Roland VS-640i worth?

reQ

Get the retail price, divide it in half - here is your rough price. But all depends where you are located etc, might be less than half might be more

NateF

Rolands do seem to hold their value better than other brands, but the deal still has to make economic sense for the buyer. They're not getting the warranty or installation support/training that a new machine would come with, and they also have to deal with transporting the machine and hoping everything still works. And if the buyer is planning to finance the purchase, new machines are much easier to finance.

I don't know what the pricing for the 64" model was like, but I think I paid around $17k for my 54" model right around that same time. Also have the Reelpro takeup reel. I think you would have to be quite a bit under whatever the retail was for your machine to make it worth it to a buyer. My gut feeling is maybe 10K to 12K. Maybe a little more if you have a bunch of extras to throw in.

player

How much did you pay originally for just the printer? Are they sold today, and if so how much?

In the printer it will show total hours used, and total head shots. What are those numbers?

icex

How much did you pay originally for just the printer? Are they sold today, and if so how much?

In the printer it will show total hours used, and total head shots. What are those numbers?

I'm assuming you mean head strikes. No head strikes. Not many hours on it because it has not been used much, I don't know the exact right now. I bought it mid-late 2014 for $24,999. Ink was additional $1,000. Then freight, financing, vinyl, etc. I have over $30,000 in it. Asking $22,500 for it, all material, 450+ coroplast signs (lawn signs), 500-600 sign stakes, hotronix fusion press, additional misc parts like blades, cleaning supplies. The list goes on and on. Our economy tanked down here, haven't had business in months so I just shut the door. Tired of trying to compete with the mom and pop stores that popup with a $300 cricket cutter selling shirts for $8.

reQ

I'm starting to think the same thing. I wish I would have never bought it in the first place.

I hear ya, i have same thoughts from time to time about my purchases. I wish people who post about buying new piece of equipment would read this topic, because 90% of them get offended because we say that its not always good to go ahead & spend good chunk of money on printer etc.

P.S. Did you talk to dealer you bought it from to ask to make a note that you have it for sale? i would, does not cost anything

player

I'm assuming you mean head strikes. No head strikes. Not many hours on it because it has not been used much, I don't know the exact right now. I bought it mid-late 2014 for $24,999. Ink was additional $1,000. Then freight, financing, vinyl, etc. I have over $30,000 in it. Asking $22,500 for it, all material, 450+ coroplast signs (lawn signs), 500-600 sign stakes, hotronix fusion press, additional misc parts like blades, cleaning supplies. The list goes on and on. Our economy tanked down here, haven't had business in months so I just shut the door. Tired of trying to compete with the mom and pop stores that popup with a $300 cricket cutter selling shirts for $8.

No I don't mean head strikes, I mean the shot count- the amount the heads have been used. This information is stored in the printer. Anyone who knows printers is going want this and the hours used. If it has super low hours then you need to show this... demo machine status.

Maybe eBay is a place to list it. Use the "buy it now or best offer" listing. Thirty days for $1, no fees until you sell. Then you pay 13%. It may be less on big items.

I wouldn't bundle, sell the printer on it's own, with cleaning supplies and a blade or two.

Solid Retail

Contact

No I don't mean head strikes, I mean the shot count- the amount the heads have been used. This information is stored in the printer. Anyone who knows printers is going want this and the hours used. If it has super low hours then you need to show this... demo machine status.

Maybe eBay is a place to list it. Use the "buy it now or best offer" listing. Thirty days for $1, no fees until you sell. Then you pay 13%. It may be less on big items.

I wouldn't bundle, sell the printer on it's own, with cleaning supplies and a blade or two.

How about you give me some contact info. I may be in the market if the price is right!

player

^ They've had deals offering $3K off that. If the OP can get $17K-$19K he would be doing well in my guesstimation.