• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Much Wasted Ink

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
When changing the Epson S80600L from white or metallic ink to 9 color mode or back to white ink, does anyone know how much ink is actually wasted performing this change..

Epson manual doesn't say how much ink is actually used.

unclebun

Probably a lot less than leaving the special ink in there being dumped out in 3 automated head washes a day for weeks on end while you're not using that color.

jharler

I haven't switched with my s80600 yet, but the training technician told me switching from white to metallic would drain 25% of the metallic ink before I even print anything. I can't verify that from personal experience though.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I haven't switched with my s80600 yet, but the training technician told me switching from white to metallic would drain 25% of the metallic ink before I even print anything. I can't verify that from personal experience though.
I have changed it a couple times and have in no way used 25% of my white ink.. I am going to do a test to see exactly how much is wasted.

unclebun

That's probably about right. It has to flush the lines and head and prime it.