• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much would somebody charge to convert to vector?

milchad

I have been given this drawing and the customer wants it converted to vector and colors separated so that it can be screen printed. It looks like it's going to take quite a bit of time that I don't have.

Heat logo.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Since your sample has around 100 different colors in it and one would assume that you do not want to make 100 different screens in register with each other, you will either need to greatly simplify it or screen print it using 4 color process. To do it in 4 color process, simply create the four separations in Photoshop and save them. No vectors needed.

Joe Diaz

Might not be all that helpful for some on here to tell you how much they would charge, what might take one person a half an hour to do, could take another a day to do. And it depends on folks rates too. So I personally cannot be much help with that.

But maybe this would help. If this were my job, I would print it out. Pull out a transparency, grab a sharpie and trace this bad boy, simplifying (like others suggested) as I go. Then scan it as a black and white image. Then take it into your auto tracing software of choice to get it into vector format. If you are using Adobe or Corel you can use the smoothing tools that both seem to have to clean up the vector shapes. Then come back in and add your color fill.

vinylink0331

Very Difficult to convert to Vector

This is image is layered with gradients, etc. This is a lot of work and would not be just a few clicks process. Why dont you just recreate it with similar fonts, fire, and stop light. You could always draw out the rider and motorcycle, point by point, but that will take you a lot of time.
What is the reason for converting this file to vector? Is the guy so in love with it that he would not want to change it?
Maybe you could recreate with something very similar but not exact.

Stanton

attachment.php

That's a drag bike launching on an amateur tree.

Offer to trade your art fee for building his next motor.

He will say, "you don't know how to build a race motor".

"OK. . . let's talk about your art"

There is a sponsor opening here. Although, not much space to name.