• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How often do you replace pinch rollers?

equippaint

How often do you replace pinch rollers? Our cutting is a bit off but inconsistent so figured Id give that a shot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just replaced our two outside pinchers about 2 months ago. The unit was purchased in 2005. Roland SP 540-V...... and now it cuts like a champ, again.

equippaint

Just replaced our two outside pinchers about 2 months ago. The unit was purchased in 2005. Roland SP 540-V...... and now it cuts like a champ, again.
Hmm, ours is 2.5 years old and probably don't use it near as much as you. Think I need to look elsewhere?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i just ordered pinch rollers for our sc545-ex
our problem is sometimes the leding edge of substrate doesn't stay taut
rusking a head strike

what symptom do you have?

equippaint

i just ordered pinch rollers for our sc545-ex
our problem is sometimes the leding edge of substrate doesn't stay taut
rusking a head strike

what symptom do you have?
Cutting is randomly off. It had been spot on for 2 years even with really long runs but recently it's been unpredictable. Sometimes it's spot on and others it trashes the job. We started using more intermediate marks and that took care of it for awhile but its doing the same thing now with them too. It's a mimaki cjv150, left that out to avoid everyone saying that was the problem.

TimToad

Hmm, ours is 2.5 years old and probably don't use it near as much as you. Think I need to look elsewhere?

How does your cutting strip look? Unless folks are really careful, never cut all the way through or never do Perf_Cut decal jobs, it will last a while, but it can definitely affect accuracy if it gets cuts in it.

equippaint

How does your cutting strip look? Unless folks are really careful, never cut all the way through or never do Perf_Cut decal jobs, it will last a while, but it can definitely affect accuracy if it gets cuts in it.
Didn't think about that but the cuts themselves are pretty consistent as far as depth and ease of weeding goes. I don't feel any cuts but Ill check it out better tomorrow.
We never do perf cuts, it took so long to dial in our Roland that I swore I'd never do it again. I used to keep multiple spare cutting strips and change them out regularly on perf jobs.
Might change my USB cable, that seems to be the equivalent of the overseas tech support telling to you unplug and plug back in your router when the internet is down.