• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Print and Cut With 2 Separate Roland Device?

FALCON

Hi, how can I do the print and cut with 2 Roland separator device in the Corel draw software?
*And the next question:
How can I make lamination after printing on Vinyl , and then cut it off with the machine without breaking the printing location.(With 1 device)
Please explain simply. Thank you

tim99

Im assuming you have a Roland printer and a cutter both separate? this would all be done in the RIP software Versaworks not in corel draw.
setting up to cut

Print-laminate-cut would follow the same setup in Corel when in versaworks make sure to have crop marks on and set to print only. then after you laminate put the material in the cutter and setup for cut only

FALCON

I have a cutting and printing machine and a cutting machine.
But I do not use the Versawork software.
So, can not print with a device and cut it with another device? In Corel
Also laminate? Are you sure?
I have problems with laminating in corel, I have to Mark it at the bottom of the device every time! Is there a simpler way?
In a few clips on YouTube, I saw The machine prints a circle with a rectangle for marking for lamination.What is it?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What RIP are you using? Corel Draw is not RIP software, it's design software - and no you would not use Corel Draw to laminate your material o_O

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
what software do you use to send your print files to the printer? A Roland printer will require some type of RIP software, you said you are not using VersaWorks - which is what Roland uses. So, is it Onyx or... ?

FALCON

How can I connect an roland Sp300 printer through a network to a computer that is not directly connected to the printer? Is it possible with Versaworks software? i have 4 pc

To laminate and print and cut with two devices with software Versaworks - Is there an educational video on the Internet?

Last edited:

netsol

you will need to buy a usb print server. it will plug into the usb on the roland and make it a network device. an inexpensive netger, startech or other brand will work fine.

then we get corel computer, versworks computer and roland all talking to each other

you setup the roland(s) in versaworks then send your print and cut jobs to versworks

i am unclear what plotter (cutter) you have

it can either be networked or connected directly to versworks pc by either a usb or serial connection

this is probably more of an engineering project than you were hoping for, but, once completed you can print to sp300 directly from corel or illustrator (desktop driver) or through the rip (with or without registration marks)

you can pm me, if i can help with the networking thing. we are crazy busy but can spend some time with you any evening. during the day i am at a large client, for the foreseeable future, but will try to reply. once this is done younwill have the full range or capability your equipment is capable of

FALCON

So is it possible to connect to the shared printer over the network? with versawork and sp300.without hub printer