• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Print Large Images in Rasterlink

Area51Graphix

Hi guys!!

Maybe this is a dumb question but I´ve got a JV33-160 y today we have to print a banner of 1,50 x 12,00 mts. and when I try to charge the file to rasterlink nothing happens and the progams give an error.

Do I have to do something to the file before send it to rasterlink??

please help I have to print this file quick.

bye!!!

petesign

What kind of file is it you are trying to open. What did you design it in?

I have the best luck converting illustrator (.ai) files to .eps files, and Photoshop (.psd) to .tiff files - with layers flattened.

Give those two formats a try.

Area51Graphix

I make the image in photoshop and exported like TIFF to rasterlink, and nothing I dont know if theres something the I have to do to the image in photoshop before exported to rasterlink.

SAS

What is the file size? I don't think you can open a file larger than 300mb try dropping the resolution to get the file size down and flatten the image try to open it as a psd

Last edited:

petesign

Haven't had any problems opening files over 300 mb in rasterlink, just flatten the layers, save as a .tiff and open with rasterlink.

SAS

Haven't had any problems opening files over 300 mb in rasterlink, just flatten the layers, save as a .tiff and open with rasterlink.

I had a problem one time with a banner that was 5' x 40' had a bunch of high res pictures. It was going to be used as a trade show backdrop. I had to cut it in half in photoshop get both files around 290mbs and edit them together in rasterlink ended up with about a 1/6" white line in the center because I did not have the close enough.

pinki

I also use Rasterlink 4 and most of the time PDF never had any problem.
Last week recieved TIFF files from 540mb, it takes some time to render but had no problem printing. (Windows 7 - 64bit)

rgds
E