• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How should I buy my next latex printer from?

bigsign

Going to buy a Hp latex 310 printer and Graphtec cutter.
We have receive 3 quotes for them. Lexjet, Grimco, and Troyn. The are very close with pricing. Has any one bought equipment form these company's.

CanuckSigns

Which of those 3 suppliers is closest to your shop? Do you have any experience with the tech support or customer service of any of them?

for equipment, always try to go with the company you feel will be able to service the machine the best, if it breaks down, you will lose far more money than you saved if you have to wait 2 weeks for a tech to come out.

having said that, I would imagine whatever shop you choose would be able to "price match" the lowest bid if the $ is close like you said, they are not going to loose a sale over a small amount of $ (I would think)

rjssigns

Watson Signs made some good points.

Here is my take:
If you have to pay a bit more for the printer but gain stellar customer service in the process it's worth every penny extra. All printers break and usually in the middle of a massive job. Until you get it back on line it's just an expensive brick.
Clients don't want excuses. They want their job finished.

We have received amazing support in the past from Grimco. They always have a tech out the next day if they can't fix it over the phone with you right then. I can usually have a tech on the phone in a matter of minutes. I would definitely go with Grimco. We purchased a L360 recently and were debating the same question. With the limits set by HP for what they can sell the printers for everybody should be at the same price. Depending on if they charge for install and first set of ink. With Grimco we got both on the house. That and the fact that they are our supplier for a lot of stuff is what made the decision for us. Usually they can't help on price of printer too much. But ask about some extra media. When we bought our L25500 we got 10 4x8 coroplast sheets, 54" roll banner, 54" white vinyl roll, and a 24" of Hi Int. See what they will do for you. The Grimco guys can through you a lot of extras.

I just purchased a HP 310 from LexJet back in August. The tech they had come install was awesome. I deal with a lot of techs in the printing industry and he is one of the better ones I have dealt with.

The printer had an issue when it arrived and between LexJet and HP they got it up and running in no time and gave me a bunch of free ink carts for my trouble. I will be buying all of the equipment I can from LexJet from now on. Give Erin Krcmar at LexJet a call -- she will take great care of you.

ATTTR

Grimco has OUTSTANDING customer service. And it doesn't hurt to ask about price matching...
Not always the case with Advantage, especially when it comes to needing tech service (but that might depend on your area).
Advantage has certain criteria you have to meet depending on how much you pay for tech service, as well. Grimco has never charged me, even if I didn't purchase from them...