• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how tdo I remove gradient from diamond plate clipart

I like this clipart but don't like the gradient in it, is there any way to remove it or hide it?

Attachments

• Silver DP2.jpg
    Silver DP2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 119

iSign

not really... if you were real good in photoshop, you might be able to minimize it, but if you had those skills, you probably wouldn't be asking. You could redraw the shape of one "diamond" & redo the layout & then add some layer style bevel & shadow effects to come up with your own version without the gradient.

Or Fred might have a tileable fill of what you need, that might be sold separately

threeputt

Agree with Isign. Tough to do. Unless the file is still layered.

By the way is that one of Fred's? The ones by him that I have are super nice quality and without gradient.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's not one of ours ... it out of Aurora's Monster Wrap Fills. The gradient makes the individual tile look nice but makes a tiled version look repetitive in a hurry. You can get the near equivalent diamond plate from us without the gradient. The closest match to the sample you're showing is our Diamond Plate 3.

For $9.95, it's a better choice than the time you would spend and the probable quality loss of trying to remove it from what you have.

Replicator

I'd go with Diamond Plate 3 if it were me . . .

????? what's wrong with the gradients in the one you've got ?????

They look OK to me !

I'd go with Diamond Plate 3 if it were me . . .

????? what's wrong with the gradients in the one you've got ?????

They look OK to me !

Like Fred said it looks to repetitive on a 12 foot span

Makes me kind of angry i spent all that money on the Aurora fills when i should have bought Photoshop lessons instead, and Fred's individual cliparts.

Ok so I'm gonning to atempt to make my own using the Aurora diamond, this should be hard. However how do i step and repeat in Photoshop? or should I use Illy or Indesign?

Attachments

• Silver DP4.jpg
    Silver DP4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 92

ChiknNutz

In Corel you can perform a Step & Repeat to accomplish what you are asking...I'd think that Illy would do the same, not sure about Pshop.

zmatalucci

fyi,, alienskin offers a plugin for ps and corel that has a thousand different variations of diamond plate... the plugin is called impact

iSign

fyi,, alienskin offers a plugin for ps and corel that has a thousand different variations of diamond plate... the plugin is called impact
actually, brushed aluminum is in "impact" among many others... but diamond plate is in "textures" (although it's not as nice as the one you just made)