• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to adhere 14mm PVC letters to artificial hedge wall

Andrew Hodgson

I have a hedge wall that I would like to adhere 14mm PVC letters. The easiest way to mount the letters would be applying them onto a clear sheet of Plexi. Then I would only have 4 mounting spots. Instead of using a clear sheet, how else can I easily mount the letters directly to the hedge wall.

This is how the back of the foliage looks.

msedge_oh2YxjOKtp.png

Rmurray321

This is a weird problem here haha.

I’d probably pin the letters, bend the pins from the back, and glue the shit out of it with some hot glue globs. That should keep the pins from moving around too much. Assuming the letters aren’t very heavy, this may work

This doesn’t seem like a long term install either way.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Is there a real wall behind the hedge? Could you mount the letters to the wall through the hedge?

We did this recently. The acrylic letters are from Gemini. I CNC cut a cloud backer from .5" PVC with minimal studs (3" I think) and mounted the acrylic to it. We made the drill pattern from coro. I thought the install would be a PITA, but my guys said it wasn't bad at all.

Attachments

• 406513805_853814853410421_6190046333902811664_n.jpg
    406513805_853814853410421_6190046333902811664_n.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 37

Andrew Hodgson

Is there a real wall behind the hedge? Could you mount the letters to the wall through the hedge?

Kind of, the structure is made out of metal with these panels surrounding the whole thing. It's hard to see and get to the metal beams on the inside.

I’m hoping it’s a faux foliage; I hadn’t considered it would be real

This is faux foliage.

This is a weird problem here haha.

I’d probably pin the letters, bend the pins from the back, and glue the shit out of it with some hot glue globs. That should keep the pins from moving around too much. Assuming the letters aren’t very heavy, this may work

This doesn’t seem like a long term install either way.

Yeah, our installs only last about 2-3 days.

We did this recently. The acrylic letters are from Gemini. I CNC cut a cloud backer from .5" PVC with minimal studs (3" I think) and mounted the acrylic to it. We made the drill pattern from coro. I thought the install would be a PITA, but my guys said it wasn't bad at all.

Thanks for the example image. This is what we have done in the past. I was looking to do individual letters instead of keeping the letters in one piece like your example.