• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to adjust black nozzle spray

dj_elite

I have a Mutoh Falcon Jr outdoor (rockhopper 38) and have been having problems with black lately. I am getting banding and random dots. I have cleaned the nozzle, let it soak over night and still nothing (well a little better). Just redid the tubing on the pump, thats working good, all new dampers, all new drain lines. I tried reading my manual to adjust the spray but its like gibberish to me(doesn't help that its translated from german to english). Any help? Or do you think its just time for a new black printhead?

attachment.php

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Attachments

• nozzle.jpg
    nozzle.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:

Compilla

Probably your black head is out of adjusment. If you could post a picture of the nozzle check I should be able to tell you.

thmooch

I am very interested in the outcome of this, as I am still having the same issue. Bet you have deflecting nozzles.

dj_elite

As you can see with the red line up in the corner, colors are printing fine. The black is all over the place

dj_elite

yeah ive tried everything the last couple of days, i think im going to give in and buy a new head. Anyone have any experience with the Epson 3000 heads? Heard they are the same. Found them for cheap. Also do you guys know if the capping station is the same as the epson 3000?

Compilla

yeah ive tried everything the last couple of days, i think im going to give in and buy a new head. Anyone have any experience with the Epson 3000 heads? Heard they are the same. Found them for cheap. Also do you guys know if the capping station is the same as the epson 3000?

With the damper removed attach the syringe to the print head and gently push cleaning solvent you should feel no resistance and the solvent should jet out of the bottom of the head, do this a several time and see if that helps, before you get the new head.

dj_elite

With the damper removed attach the syringe to the print head and gently push cleaning solvent you should feel no resistance and the solvent should jet out of the bottom of the head, do this a several time and see if that helps, before you get the new head.
Thanks, but I have tried that twice now, and no luck! I need this thing back up and running, think Im just going to give in and overnight a new head. Thank you guys for the help though!