• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to adjust the Pinch Roller Pressure on VG3-540

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
I am having a problem with my printer. I have tried to search everywhere on how to adjust the Pinch Roller pressure on the Roland TruVis VG3-540 and I don't know how to adjust the pressure. Not even the User Manual has an answer. The rollers are pressing down too hard on materials, and it is causing the material to wrinkle as well because the rollers are pressed too much on the edges. It causes the middle pinch rollers to create dips causing the prints to be lighter in those areas than the rest printed areas because the nozzles won't reach the pressed areas from the rollers. My Graphtec Plotter has the ability to adjust the pinch roller pressure depending on the thickness of the material put on to cut. Thinner materials require less pressure and thicker materials require more pressure. Is there a way to adjust the pinch roller pressure on the Roland TruVis VG3 540?

IMG_2213.jpg

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
A potential solution to your issue is to print with only the outer 2 pinch rollers and cut with all the rollers. I don't have the service manual for the VG3, but the user manual for the VG3 does have an entry on page 165 about auto up-down on the middle pinch rollers. This may help.

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
A potential solution to your issue is to print with only the outer 2 pinch rollers and cut with all the rollers. I don't have the service manual for the VG3, but the user manual for the VG3 does have an entry on page 165 about auto up-down on the middle pinch rollers. This may help.
I know that feature but very hardly do I use the middle rollers. The 2 outer rollers are pressing down too hard on the material causing it to wrinkle.

somcalmetim

I know that feature but very hardly do I use the middle rollers. The 2 outer rollers are pressing down too hard on the material causing it to wrinkle.
Maybe you should try using the middle rollers so the sides dont have to press so hard?
I always use all the rollers and avoid the streaks by not advancing material through the machine until printed...you cant run the material back and forth through machine to see if its going straight (like you can on a graphtec) without getting the roller streaks when printing after...