• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to affix a sign above an existing awning without a bucket truck?

gmarshall

We have an installation we are quoting for a 3' x 10' 3mm MaxMetal sign to be installed above an existing awning where there is not enough room to bring in a bucket truck. Awning is at 45 degrees, 4' x 4'. The top of the awning is 12' from the sidewalk. The bottom of the sign will start 6" above the awning. The roof of the building is flat and is 6" above the top of the 3' x 10' sign being installed making the roof height 16' above the sidewalk.

Any suggestions?

ddubia

Sounds like 2 men and 2 ladders to me. Use 2x4's in a french cleat method. Go up once to attach the top 2x4 avoiding the 4' wide awning. Go up the next time with the sign and just hang it on that top 2x4.

I could draw it up if need be.

visual800

Post a pic please! Theres no sense in answering this till we can all see whats up. Front shot and side shot