• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to align text on van rear windows?

biggmann

I have run into this situation a couple times and it is always an issue. I can design graphics for the back of a van and it looks great on screen everything is straight but when they install the contravision on the back window of a van the text isnt straight because of the curve of the back window. How do you set up the artwork when you print it so that it lays straight? The only way we do it now is print a paper pattern and through trial and error get it looking ok.

DizzyMarkus

print and or cut a reference line and transferr rightover it -- using it to line up the decals and peeling off when done:0)

Markus

biggmann

I have this issue when i am covering the whole window with contravision so I cant adjust anything after it has been printed

woolly

lay a straight edge across the window and you will see the amount you need to bend the art work so it don't look Mr Unhappy when you fit it.

biggmann

If I lay a straight edge across the window what do I measure from to get how much to bend the artwork up to make it level when it gets applied

woolly

Lay a long ruler on the glass the straight edge will bow as the lettering will measure the amount of bow. The amount of rise from the two ends. Bend the graphic that amount downwards.
Same for doing a hood as you call it.