• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to apply a cut file not created in flexi

ahgrafx

So I've created a cut file in illustrator because I need to have bleed (maybe I can do this in flexi?) Only way I know is to create a contour cut in flexi. How do I import that cut file into my flexi? im using a vinyl express Q160. I paste my illustrator graphic into a new flexi or open up an eps.
thanks

So I've created a cut file in illustrator because I need to have bleed (maybe I can do this in flexi?) Only way I know is to create a contour cut in flexi. How do I import that cut file into my flexi? im using a vinyl express Q160. I paste my illustrator graphic into a new flexi or open up an eps.
thanks

1. You can create an offset contour cut in flexi. Select what you want to cut, then click outline, on the tab that pops up change outline to contour and then change the offset to include your bleed. If you have the art already rasterized with a bleed on it. Then instead of contour select inline and you can inset the cut as much as you want.

2. Flexi doesn't see separate cut and print layers. You should be able to open the print/cut file in flexi and have the cutlines there already. You just have to select the cut lines when you want to cut them in flexi rather then just selecting a layer. You might have to flatten artwork before you transfer to flexi.

PS I have never been a fan of print and cut from flexi. I create everything in illustrator. output the print file as eps and print from flexi prod. manager and then use cutting master to cut from illustrator. I like it better. Cutting Master is a free download too I believe.

ahgrafx

think I figured it out, I imported the .ai file with the raster and cut line then unmasked and deleted the square and selected the cut line and assigned it to be contour. weird thing though my cutter errors out when the pinch roller go inside the registration marks so I cant do more than one small sticker at a time anyone else run into this??

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You can create the actual cut in Illustrator for Flexi and not have to tell it to be a cut once you bring it into Flexi. Just make a custom spot color in Illustrator and name it CutContour and save it to your default color pallet. Flexi will recognize it by name when you open the Illustrator file in Flexi.

You can create the actual cut in Illustrator for Flexi and not have to tell it to be a cut once you bring it into Flexi. Just make a custom spot color in Illustrator and name it CutContour and save it to your default color pallet. Flexi will recognize it by name when you open the Illustrator file in Flexi.

+1+1+1+1 good to know

are you making reg. marks around every sticker? You should have 4 pinch rollers one has to be outside to right and one outside the marks on the left. If you do this you shouldn't be able to only cut one sticker. If it starts to cut you should be able to cut them all.