• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to back up profiles for Onyx 7.2 rip

mitsfreak12

Wondering if anyone can simplify the instruction how to backup the onyx and re-install it. I have two printers that won't run due to hard drive failures. I have to replace these drives.

thanks in advance for help.

You would need to re-install the Onyx applications from the original distribution DVD media. If you don't have the disks, you can download from Onyx' website.

PC Signs

Printer Install

Go to File/ Manage Printers/ then click on the printer you want to back up, click on "create prninst", this will create a file that automatically installs the printer driver and profiles when you get Onyx loaded on the new drive. This will save your print drivers and profiles, the program will need to be loaded from the disk or downloaded from the onyx website.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

MikePro

I have a problem myself... Upgraded my onyx software from <6.5 to current version 7.3.2, beforehand I created a prninst, but after reloading it... my colors are way off on prints.

Have to print a tile on the fly to path an job that's only weeks old, but its not turning out like it should. Any suggestions?
I have all the old .ONX files from previous prints so shouldn't I be able to just open them to print directly through ProductionHouse? The color comes out differently, as well, this way.... or is there an option I'm missing that might be changing my rip files from what I had originally printed?

Mochistlan

the 6.5 and the 7 version dont match

the version 6 and version 7 dont match you will need to create profiles from scratch or go back to the old version. the best way if you have an i1 create profiles from sctratch.

sjm

If you keep the printer name the same ie. xyz123, from memory before you re-install look in your Onyx folder , for a folder named DB, within that folder are your printers with all associated stuff such a resolution, linearization and profiles etc.

Back-up those folders and when reinstalling Onyx make sure to keep the same printer designation ie. xyz123.

Once you have re-installed Onyx simply put those backed-up folders into the DB folder and you should be ready to rock-n-roll.

MikePro

the version 6 and version 7 dont match you will need to create profiles from scratch or go back to the old version. the best way if you have an i1 create profiles from sctratch.

so if i upgraded from 6.5 to 7 my .prninst won't do any good?
sounds about right, since my prints now are comming up orange. I'm pretty close to re-installing the older version for the time being, since i have to tile an old job. great timing on the software upgrade... crap.