• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to bent aluminum composite

bigben

I need to ''bend'' an aluminum composite sheet to make a 90 degree angle. I assume it need a cut of somekind, but I'm not sure how to do it. I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember how it was made. Thanks.

signage

V-grove:
upload_2020-10-7_15-19-44.png

signage

Router and V-grove bit set to the correct depth. I do think someone makes a circular saw blade to also do it, just don't remember who it is/was.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just angle your table saw 45 degrees and have it barely sticking up from the table.

signman315

Signmaker
Keen cut have a V-groove tool just like that fletcher, we use that if it doesn't need to be perfectly precise. But for long grooves or multiple grooves that need to line up to each (like if making a box) then we v groove it with CNC router and 90 degree bit.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Keen cut have a V-groove tool just like that fletcher, we use that if it doesn't need to be perfectly precise. But for long grooves or multiple grooves that need to line up to each (like if making a box) then we v groove it with CNC router and 90 degree bit.

I agree it definitely isn't super accurate on the Keencut. Mind sharing which bit you're using on your CNC?

signman315

Signmaker
I agree it definitely isn't super accurate on the Keencut. Mind sharing which bit you're using on your CNC?
Hey sorry for the delayed response. I'm using a Gerber 90 degree carving bit (Gerber P56371A 3D Carving Bit 90 Degree), we have an old one that is a little chipped and dull that is no good for clean carving HDU but is still perfect for grooving ACM. But I would imagine any 90 degree bit would do the trick.