• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to calibrate a Roland GX500, is off and can't get it right...

guillermo

how to calibrate a Roland GX500, is off and can't get it right... I did what indicates in Roland manual and it does not move the cutting at all, I am using a pc with windows 10 64bit, also I tried to update the firmware and when it tells me to connect the usb cable and turn on the machine and then select the GX500 it says that is not connected.

Attachments

• after clicking ok.PNG
    after clicking ok.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 300
  • before connecting cable.PNG
    before connecting cable.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 242
  • cutter selected.PNG
    cutter selected.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
how to calibrate a Roland GX500, is off and can't get it right... I did what indicates in Roland manual and it does not move the cutting at all, I am using a pc with windows 10 64bit, also I tried to update the firmware and when it tells me to connect the usb cable and turn on the machine and then select the GX500 it says that is not connected.

Hello Guillermo,

I am sorry for your troubles connecting to the Roland vinyl cutter. If you have not done it already, please contact our support department by clicking on the support tab in our public website.

Sincerely,
Roland TS

guillermo

Hello Guillermo,

I am sorry for your troubles connecting to the Roland vinyl cutter. If you have not done it already, please contact our support department by clicking on the support tab in our public website.

Sincerely,
Roland TS

Are you a Roland tech support?

I already contacted Roland but they send me some instructions but no luck, also they told me to do something with the pit.exe file, but I should know what I am doing, otherwise I will loos or mess up the parameters of the cutter.

netsol

first, i have never touched a gx-500, but, that shouldn't stop us
i assume your computer is not connected to the plotter with a usb, or drivers would be loaded
if i am right, if you go to device manager windows start button>right click> chose file explorer>right click computer>properties>device manager

your plotter's usb interface should be under universal serial bus conntrollers (double click to expand)
if there is an unknown or composite device right click,
choose uninstall device, right click on ANYTHING in the list & scan for hardware changes
the plotter may also be further up in your list as a disabled or unknown device n(red x or yellow explanation point) same routine, uninnstall, scanj

guillermo

first, i have never touched a gx-500, but, that shouldn't stop us
i assume your computer is not connected to the plotter with a usb, or drivers would be loaded
if i am right, if you go to device manager windows start button>right click> chose file explorer>right click computer>properties>device manager

your plotter's usb interface should be under universal serial bus conntrollers (double click to expand)
if there is an unknown or composite device right click,
choose uninstall device, right click on ANYTHING in the list & scan for hardware changes
the plotter may also be further up in your list as a disabled or unknown device n(red x or yellow explanation point) same routine, uninnstall, scanj

netsol

thank you for your information, actually it is connected as I can cut vinyl, but I get those messages when updating the firmware.

Then I had another issue, cutting my print jobs was no aligned, contacted Roland and they send me some instructions which I did, but did not change anything, I had to adjust the X and Y values to -2.0 each to work, now it cuts centered.

And today, I cut a job that I did a few months ago, costumer wants to change some text on the boxes, I change the information and send the new job to be cut on this plotter and it cut perfect, but it came at a short size, a tried some samples fir 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 and 4 inches, and all cut short about 1/8", now to get the size needed I have to enlarge the cut job to 10.2.05%, at this percent it cuts at the size needed.

hope someone gives me an idea of what is happening with my GX500. By the way, in the screen I have now a message that it says A0190, something that I never saw before.