• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to change Flexisign 10 font path

Akashoto

Hi guys!

We have a 2 workstation setup both with Flexi 10. I'm trying to sort out a system for managing our fonts. The first thing I wanted to do was setup a shared font folder on our server machine, point both flexis to that, then look at installing a font manager on the server so we can print out a decent font list for our own reference.
However I'm caught at the first hurdle. Flexi wont change its font path. I have changed it in Preferences -> Font -> "new path on server" , but it still seems to keep bringing up the system fonts. Any ideas why?
Cheers!

FrankW

Flexi supports a few different special font formats and the standard system fonts. The font settings like the font path in the preferences applies to some of this special font formats only, NOT for the standard system fonts, which are served by the operating system for every application who uses system fonts.

There is functionality in Flexi to remove fonts out of the font menu, but they are still available in the system.

There are software who do font management like you want to have, for example suitcase or the universal font server from extensis (http://www.extensis.com).

Akashoto

Thanks for shedding some light on that Frank - I was getting a bit fustrated with the lack of info I could find on the whole Flexi font path thing, but you cleared that up perfectly.
I'll look into those managers and give them a go :) Cheers!