Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change symbols to objects in Corel X3

Discussion in 'Corel' started by custom sign center, Feb 11, 2010.

1. custom sign center

custom sign center Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Idaho
    I have a client that sends me PDF files from Adobe In Design. They are vector graphics but instead of showing as plain objects they are showing as "symbols". So I go to "Edit Symbol" but I can't convert the symbol to an Object, (that feature is greyed out).
    I'm supposed to print and cut some decals but can't get it to import correctly to put a cut line around it and get to the RIP program.:banghead:
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    if you're still there, send me the file so I can take a look - info(at)designerwraps.com

3. custom sign center

custom sign center Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Idaho
    I think I got it, my mistake was I was clicking on the "Edit Symbol" which opened up a new window......that's where the option to convert to object was greyed out.
    If I just went to the Edit menu then to Symbol, I could change it.
    Are you a In Design user? I'm just wondering why the objects show as symbols insted of objects in the first place.
    Thanks!