Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change the ink type on a Mimaki JFX200-2510

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Bradley Bedwell CPA, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Bradley Bedwell CPA

Bradley Bedwell CPA New Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Dothan, AL
    Hi,
    I am trying to change my ink over to LUS-120. Does anyone know the prompts to get to the ink change menu. Thank you kindly, I am pretty sure you have to go through the technician settings.

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I just took a look at the latest service document and it doesn't list LUS-120 as one of the options. I double checked and it is supported by the JFX200 but for whatever reason they haven't updated the service document to add it in. Your best bet is to call Mimaki and speak to them. It's just a couple of parameters you need to change. They will also probably tell you to change a bunch of parts and flush etc.

3. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Mimaki will make it almost impossible for you to do on your own. When we sold our JFX-200 the buyer wanted to flush the machine himself before moving instead of having a technician do it. The instructions he found were not very clear. Basically you need to flush out all the old ink, change filters and re install new ink.

4. Oroscoe

Oroscoe Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Alabama
    What ink set are you currently using?

5. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

We were at Mimaki Los Angeles demo center as dealer, this question was asked by our customer who is interested to purchased a JFX200. Mimaki said in order to flush out, it needed by done by a dealer. Cost to switch: $5,000-7000 mainly because of the new cleaning solution, new set of ink. Our technician can do if the customer is in the LA area.